Research Group Leader
Via Alassio 11/c
10126 Torino, Italy
(+39) 011 6603090 ext. 202
- Mathematical physics, network theory, tensor network states, chemical reaction networks
- Computational and Hamiltonian complexity theory, circuit theory and connections to condensed matter physics, adiabatic quantum computation
- Quantum algorithms to simulate many-body physics and ab initio chemistry on a quantum computer,
- Quantum network theory, mathematical network theory, chiral quantum walks
I lead the Theory Group at the ISI Foundation in Turin Italy.
- 150 word workshop/conference biography
- longer NSF style biography
- Azimuth Lune Project
- American Physical Society
- IEEE committee task force on quantum computing (invited)
- Foundational Questions Institute (FQXi)
- My old St Peter’s College Oxford staff page
- My old page at Oxford University
- My old page at Harvard
- Frontiers in Physics
- Natural Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Frontiers in Quantum Computing
- Journal of Complex Networks
- Guest lecturer, Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), University of Waterloo
- Lecturer in Physics, St Peter’s College, University of Oxford
- EPSRC Funded Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Oxford
- Research Assistant, University of Oxford
- Doctorate from the University of Oxford
- Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Research Physicist/Consultant, D-Wave Systems, Inc. The Quantum Computing Company
A Few Talks
Invariant Theory for Matrix Product States, Networking Tensor Networks: many-body systems and simulations, May 2012, Centro de Ciencias de Benasque Pedro Pascual, Benasque Spain. [Slides PPT and PDF]
Quantum versus Classical Network Structure and Function, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Science (IIIS), Center for Quantum Information (CQI), (2011). [PDF of slides]. [YouKu Video]
Penrose Graphical Notation for Tensor Network States, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics Seminar Archive (PIRSA), (2011). [PDF of slides],http://pirsa.org/11080059/ (multiple media formats).
- A Course on Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics
with John Baez
235 pages, (2012)
- Tensor Networks in Quantum Theory
with Ville Bergholm
152 pages, (2014) [draft version]
Five Representative Publications
- Categorical Tensor Network States
with Stephen R.Clark and Dieter Jaksch
AIP Advances 1(4), 042172 (2011)
- Racing a quantum computer through Minkowski spacetime
J. Phys. Conf. Ser. Vol. 1. No. 229. Pages 012020. 2010.
- Towards quantum chemistry on a quantum computer
with B. P. Lanyon et al.,
Nature Chem. No. 2. Pages 106–111. 2010.
- Realizable Hamiltonians for universal adiabatic quantum computers
with Peter J. Love
- Physical Review A 78‚ 012352. 2008.
Non−perturbative k−body to two−body commuting conversion Hamiltonians and embedding problem instances into - Ising spins
Physical Review A 77‚ 052331. 2008.
For a complete publication list follow this link. For a list of the publications that the group has produced since I joined ISI in January of 2012, click here.